Become proficient in the treatment of pain.
It’s time to break away from cookbook treatments
You will learn treatment protocols for:
- Headaches – By location, pain types and pattern
- Neck pain, Midback pain & Lowback pain – when to use local treatments and when distal treatments maybe more effective
- Upper extremity conditions of the shoulder, elbow and wrist
- Lower extremity conditions of the hip, knee and ankle
- Hand and Feet conditions
- Auricular points related to Headache, Spinal Pain & Extremity conditions
- Mirror Techniques
- Master Tongs points
- Needle Techniques
- Cupping Methods
Ethics, Risk Management & Documentation/Coding
TBCE Board Hours (4 Total) – NEW IN 2014 – Register and just take the TBCE Hours
Saturday – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Ethics (1 Hours)
- What ethics mean to you?
- Chiropractic Ethics as defined by the TBCE Administrative Code
- Boundary issues in the Chiropractic practice
- Ethics and penalties associated with filing false documentation regarding services.
- What constitutes ethical billing practices.
- Characteristics of ethical behavior.
- Review the chiropractic oath as it applies to everyday chiropractic care.
- Doctor/Patient Relationships
- Release of records required by TBCE
Risk Management (1 Hour)
- The identification, investigation, analysis, and evaluation of risks
- Methods of correcting, reducing, or eliminating, identifiable risks.
- Discussion of the laws, policies and rules related to the profession of chiropractic.
- Introduction to risk management as it relates to health care staff members interaction with patient populations.
- Patient interaction and professional boundary issues, including physical contact between staff and patients during care.
Documentation & Coding (1 Hour)
- Rules for documentation of patient records
- Coding and Billing
- Retention of Records
- HIPAA regulations
Saturday – 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Introduction and Basic Theory
- Eight Principles
- Qi/Blood/Body Fluids/Essence/Shen
- Six External Pathogens
Diseases/Symptoms of Headaches
- Diagnosis by Channels
- Diagnosis by pain
- Identification of patterns
Sunday – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Review/Questions of Saturday material
- Low Back Disorders – Etiology/Pathology/Diagnosis/Differentiation & Treatment
- Neck Disorders – Etiology/Pathology/Diagnosis/Differentiation & Treatment
- Upper Extremity Disorders – Etiology/Pathology/Diagnosis/Differentiation & Treatment
- Lower Extremity Disorders – Etiology/Pathology/Diagnosis/Differentiation & Treatment
Discussion and demonstration & practice of various Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine techniques
Closing Questions and comments
16.5 Total Hours
License renewal credit by the
Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiner
through the TCA
|Prepaid more that 10 days in advance of class date||$350.00||Save $55.00|
|Prepaid less than 10 days in advance of class date||$375.00||Save $25.00|
|At the Door||$395.00|